Operational and Package Support with Unix. Operations Skills
This role is responsible for monitoring, controlling and operating complex computer systems, networks, applications and/or distributed systems in a multi-vendor environment. They are also responsible for analyzing first level problems for all systems (according to the service agreements), resolving and routing as appropriate, supporting the Systems Management Processes specific to their client requirements, performing I/O (tape and print) duties where appropriate and batch management when required.
- Operational and Package Support (COPS) with emphasis on Unix and Operations skills
- Operations Analysts provide dedicated first level of monitoring support for all Client supported applications utilized by a specific client.
- COPS provide dedicated second level application support for all Client supported applications utilized by a specific client and the client’s members.
- AIX / UNIX skills including: AIX 6.1;
- Preferably working experience in a production support environment;
- WebSphere MQ Series to support inter-application communications;
- Problem Determination & Resolution skills.
- WebSphere Application Server (WAS) to support problem determination & resolution.
- Tivoli Workload Scheduler (TWS) to support all application job scheduling, problem determination & resolution.
- Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) to support the storage servers.