Contract position as a Cyber Security Analyst in Columbus, OH for a State of Ohio government client. As a member of the Security Incident Response team, you will enjoy an exciting and challenging work environment.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
Qualifications and Skills
- Coordinates with enterprise-wide cyber defense staff to validate network alerts.
- Determines tactics, techniques and procedures for intrusion sets.
- Provides cybersecurity recommendations to leadership based on significance of threats and vulnerabilities.
- Works with stakeholders to resolve computer security incident and vulnerability compliance.
- Characterizes and analyzes network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network.
- Documents and escalates incidents that may cause ongoing or immediate impact to the environment.
- Performs cyber defense trend analysis.
- Performs event correlation using information gathered from a variety of sources within the enterprise.
- Provides cybersecurity situational awareness and determines the effectiveness of an observed attack.
- Provides daily summary reports of network events and activities relevant to cyber defense practices.
- Receives and analyzes network alerts from various sources within the enterprise to determine possible causes.
- Uses cyber defense tools for continual monitoring and analysis of systems activity to identify malicious activity.
- Analyzes identified malicious activity to determine weaknesses exploited, exploitation methods, effects on systems and information.
- Identifies and analyzes anomalies in network using metadata
- Conducts research, analysis and correlation across a wide variety of all source data sets.
- Monitors external data sources to maintain currency of cyber defense threat condition and determines which security issues may have an impact on the enterprise
- Work with team lead, assist other staff, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Network traffic analysis methods
- Information technology security principles
- Host/network access control mechanisms
- Encryption algorithms
- Cyber threat and vulnerabilities
- Computer networking concepts and protocols
- Network security methodologies
- Cyber security and privacy principles
- Incident response methodologies
- Defense in depth and layered security strategies
- Operating systems
- OSI model and underlying network protocols
- Using protocol analyzers
- Using incident handling methodologies
- Collecting data from a variety of cyber defense resources
- Conducting trend analysis
- Appling cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements
Other Job Requirements
- Apply techniques for detecting host and network-based intrusions using intrusion detection technologies
- Analyze malware
- Accurately and completely source all data used in intelligence assessment
- Interpret the information collected by network tools
- Apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements
- Job location at client site in Columbus, OH. No remote work
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Contingent upon successfully passing pre-employment drug testing, criminal background check and general reference check
Location: Columbus, OH - Must be local
Duration: 9-12 Months contract
US Citizens only
Must be able to work Monday-Friday at the data center in Columbus, OH.