Our Client, located in Newark, NJ, is looking for a DevOps Engineer for a RTH opportunity.
Your Required Skills:
- Build high quality solutions with a focus on automation and innovation through engineering mindset
- Optimize current on premise infrastructure for cost, performance and availability
- Perform daily hands-on engineering tasks as well as provide performance, people and project management.
- Implementing security best practices that aligns with our ability to deliver products and services to our customer.
- Understand enterprise monitoring and logging tools to provide earlier warning and provide insights for our infrastructure limiting downtime and improving transparency
- Help us evolve as we shift to containers, micro-services and AWS
- Develop monitoring and design metrics-based processes
- Champion all non-functional requirements of technical components like high availability, scalability and fault tolerance etc.
- Interface with technology operations, technology business management, information security, and architecture to ensure solutions are prioritized and structured to meet design and operational objectives.
- Partner with internal development teams and user plus external enterprise teams
7+ years engineering, architecting and delivering infrastructure technology solutions leading teams focused on platform and application engineering and operations
- Experience implementing DevOps or CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Artifactory, Jira, Bitbucket/GIT, Confluence, Gradle)
- Experience developing declarative Jenkins pipelines with Groovy script
- Strong understanding of Linux server configuration, preferably Red Hat
- Experience automating server configuration with Ansible
- Experience with Docker containers, preferably with orchestration platforms like Kubernetes and Amazon ECS
- Experience with AWS, specifically EC2, ECS, Fargate, Cloudwatch, CloudFormation or Code Pipeline.
- Experience scripting in Python, Bash or Groovy Script
- Experience building highly-available services at scale and creating, and evolving platform libraries/services used by other engineers
- Detailed knowledge of enterprise security tools (SSH, SFTP, Active Directory, Vintela, TLS, CyberFusion/MFT-IS
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with customers and partners at the engineering leadership/executive level.
- Ability to present and communicate own ideas, multi-task and to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to build application monitoring and analytics platforms (Splunk, Dynatrace)
- Knowledge of Unit & Integration Testing practices, as well as QA automation technologies like Postman, BDD, Selenium or Cucumber
- Functional understanding of data storage and processing technologies: SAP ASE, SQL Server, Hadoop, Pentaho, Spark