Our Client, located in Newark NJ, is actively pursuing a Data Science Lead who will work closely with our business leads and stakeholders to leverage organizational data, evaluate business insight needs and develop analytics and visualizations that invoke action. This individual will play a key role in defining and executing on targeted efforts to leverage data as a competitive advantage. In addition, you will work closely with key business stakeholders to devise new ways to measure and predict future business performance as well as uncover insights that could help inform management decisions.
- Utilize data science techniques to manipulate large structured and unstructured data sets, identify patterns in raw data, and develop models to predict the likelihood of a future outcome and/or to optimize business solutions
- Mine large data sets using analytical techniques to generate insights and inform business decisions
- Retrieve, analyze, and transform data into creative, aesthetically-pleasing visualizations in Tableau that provide insight in subject areas and invoke action
- Develop data mining, machine learning, statistical and graph-based algorithms designed to analyze massive data sets for business insights
- Effectively communicate analytical findings to users and provide education on dashboards built
- Develop software using Hadoop technologies like HBase, Spark, Storm, NIFI and Kafka.
- Working on complex and varied Big Data projects including tasks such as collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing, and visualizing very large datasets
- Follow and enhance data management and business intelligence standards and best practices across the team
- Lead management and oversight of projects, including navigating priorities and moving toward a more agile/SCRUM approach
- Work closely with data architecture and ETL partners to make suggestions on new data warehouse needs, data structure, etc.
- Strong understanding of Business Analysis concepts, SDLC methodologies and Operating models (Agile & Waterfall) with ability to gather and document requirements
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 7+ experience in data analytics/reporting.
- Financial Services experience (Mutual Fund background preferred) with a proven track record of delivering multiple projects on-time, on budget and within scope
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI)
- Experience with Big Data Analytics & Business Intelligence and Industry standard tools integrated with Hadoop ecosystem (Scala, Python and/or R)
- Strong story-telling skills using data and visualizations with focus on end-user experience
- Proficiency using data and statistical modeling and machine learning methods to solve real world problems
- Deep understanding of SQL databases and query language
- High level of proficiency in Excel (VBA, pivot tables, complex formulas, etc.)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative, and manage competing deadlines
- Strengths in communication, critical thinking / problem resolution, time management, attention to detail, and aesthetics
- Broad knowledge of Agile project methodology (SAFe) and ITIL best practices
- Demonstrated ability controlling requirements and solicitation meetings involving multiple stakeholders