We have an exciting opportunity for a Network Engineer to join our growing business.
1. Role Objective
The Network Engineer is responsible for supporting the design, evaluation, and implementation of network solutions (integration of products and services) that support the customer need as well as ensure the quality of the deliverables to the customer. In addition, the Network Engineer is responsible for providing L2/L3 network support for Managed Service customers.
2. Key Responsibilities
Solution Design Responsibilities
Incident, Request and Change Management Responsibilities:
- Technical understanding of the solutions Micro Strategies is bringing to market and how they differentiate.
- Assist in developing new solutions and maintain existing Micro Strategies’ solutions in market current by having the ability to tie the business needs of the customer to the features required to solve those needs.
- Deep technical understanding the vendors/products that inform and/or make up the solutions
- Understanding the competitive landscape to illustrate why, technically, a specific vendors/product have been selected over others
- Assist in exploring new emerging vendors/products which may solve untapped business needs or enhance current solutions.
- Support the Sales team on pre-sales engagements providing product demos and or Proof of Concepts for the solutions in the network portfolio.
- Perform the implementation of the solutions at the customer locations and or remotely.
- Ensure the timely maintenance and effective operations of development and production environments.
- Recommend improvements to existing network infrastructure.
- Provide L2/L3 network support (remote and onsite as needed)
- Document all troubleshooting and resolution information in ITSM tools
- Create and maintain network diagrams and troubleshooting documents used by the Service Desk and Engineering teams.
- Ability to work after hours and participate in on call rotation
Daily communication with the Engineering Team, Service Desk team, Practice Architects, Practice Development Leads, and Client Solution Executives.
Communication with Vendor Partner Engineering Team, Client communication with engineering, project management and business teams during the implementation of solutions. Client communication with end user and other stake holders during troubleshooting and problem resolution.
4. Required Skills and or Experiences
A strong multi-tasker with a keen eye for detail, well organized and thrive in a fast-paced, high-stress scenarios. In addition to these general skills and personality traits, Network Engineer candidates should possess the following skills:
Work Related Experience:
5 – 10 years of technology experience involving the following responsibilities:
Industry Certifications: One or more of the following certifications:
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco ASA, Cisco FTD, Meraki, and SonicWALL firewalls
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco, HP & Meraki switches
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco, Meraki & HP wireless solutions
- Experience with URL Filtering, File Inspection, HA configurations
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Logic Monitor and SolarWinds
- Experience managing Cisco AMP and Umbrella
Preferred Product Knowledge and Experience:
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA)
- Cisco Fire Jumper training and certifications
- Cisco Certified Network Professional Security
- Knowledge of Azure and/or AWS cloud technologies
- Knowledge of cyber security including SIEM, and End Point Management.
- Strong communication skills – ability to effectively engage a range of roles and skills when communicating with a Client (Security, Networking, and Infrastructure Engineers) with vendors, train users, and give instructions. Must be able to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds in a team environment.
- Strong customer service mindset.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Ability to work independently, make decisions and effectively prioritize work without being given direction.
- Ability to coach and develop Service Desk and Engineering teams.
- Attention to quality and capacity to meet deadlines.
BS, in computer science, electrical engineering or related field