Company is in the Space/Satellite market place.
Photonics Integration Program Manager
Need some with Photonics and Optics.
· To determine and define how photonic integrated circuit technology can be used to improve the operation and functionality of our clients current laboratory/desktop solutions.
o To develop and execute a plan that will result in the implementation of functional sub-systems using photonic on chip technology.
o To identify partners, foundries and vendors that can be used to accomplish the plan.
o To oversee the development and implementation of integration-based storage-in-motion systems and sub-systems.
· Master’s Degree in Engineering, Optics, or related technical field. PhD preferred.
· Expertise in designing, implementing, and characterizing photonic Interconnect systems (WDMs, routers, etc.) as well as Silicon Photonics solutions (micro-cavities/mirrors/rings, couplers, integrated waveguides, switches, etc.)
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience designing high speed optical or electrical communication systems at a Principal or Sr. Staff Engineering level.
· Direct experience architecting and developing photonic integrated circuits.
Along with one or more of the following:
· Experience with Photonic Integrated circuit fabrication and manufacturing
· Experience with Requirements definition and management
· Experienced Project Management including Gannt, WBS and resource allocation