Our client is looking for an AWS Security Engineer for a contract to hire opportunity in Northern NJ.
AWS product team is looking for an AWS Cloud Security Specialist to join a SAFe agile team in the development and maintenance of security guardrails for infrastructure and applications running in AWS. This position requires hands on delivery of security solutions that meet enterprise standards.
This position will require hands on experience with the following AWS Security toolsets.
- Identity Access Management (IAM)
- Key Management (KMS)
- Security Groups
- Network ACLs (NACL)
- Service Control Policies (SCP)
- AWS Config.
Deliverables will include CloudFormation Infrastructure as Code (IaC) artifacts to construct the security components for infrastructure and application resources built in AWS. In addition, this position requires participation in agile peer code review as well as documentation processes.
- AWS Security Services (IAM, KMS, Security Groups, NACLs, SCPs, AWS Config).
- Development experience (CloudFormation, Python, GIT).
- Ability to work in an agile scrum environment in a full-stack team focused on delivering business outcomes.
- Experience delivering security for AWS solutions.
- Experience working with search and visualization tools such as Splunk to depict complex security concepts in a visual manner.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently in a SAFe agile environment.
- Provide expert knowledge of cloud security architecture and consult with business and other technology teams to address complex application needs.
- Ability to conduct regular security and risk assessments of infrastructure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Security or related technology field or equivalent experience.
- Experience in large scale enterprise Cloud projects from ideation to finished production product.
- Experience and understanding of Infrastructure as Code, Automation, and Orchestration.
- A background in general security practices such as identity and access management (IAM), encryption, multi-factor authentication, security information and event management (SIEM), and supporting technologies.
- At least 3 years implementing Cloud design and development, in a security control minded enterprise cloud environment.
- AWS Solutions Architect or Developer Associate certification required.
- AWS Certified Security Specialty certification desired.