We are looking for a passionate, perceptive, independent, organized, and strategic Senior UX/UI Designer. Our ideal candidate is also creative, an analytical thinker, makes user-centric design decisions, and is articulate in both written and verbal communications.
The UX position is primarily for an app. This app is a new product we are launching to be run by a smaller team. We are a collaborative group and are looking for the right person to take charge of the UX and proactively contribute to our success.
A link to your portfolio demonstrating the required skills listed below is required.
The Senior UI/UX Designer will:
- Become familiar with the problem our users are trying to solve and develop user stories based on their persona then create wireframes and prototype the solutions and quickly iterate through their feedback.
- Develop and conceptualize a comprehensive UI/UX design strategy for our app through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes.
- Design modern, intuitive/friendly user interface and incorporate principles of good Information Architecture in designs for our app.
- Work with our Creative Director for design execution and deliver approved web designs for implementation by the Development Team
- Present proposed designs to the team, elicit constructive feedback, and incorporate feedback into design solutions
- Design and conduct usability tests, provide advice and guidance on the implementation of UX research methodologies and testing activities in order to analyze and predict user behavior.
- Create a standard library of reusable design elements.
- Adhere to style standards on typography and graphic design and keep up to date with industry standards and best practices and apply new knowledge to the job
- Keep up to date with industry standards and best practices and apply new knowledge to the job.
- Expert in interactive designing of mobile applications (required)
- Expert in developing design wireframes and mock-ups (required)
- Expert in Figma (required)
- Mastery of user experience, visual design, and information architecture (required)
- Understanding of interaction design principles, typography, color, and accessibility standards
- Experience in creating user stories, personas, and storyboards
- Excellent collaborative, brainstorming, and UI/UX design and documentation skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to adapt to a frequent changing project plan
- Be a self-starter who seeks to improve efficiency and effectiveness while being mindful of company goals and project requirements
- Adaptable/flexible -- can go with the flow when projects shift in direction
- Detail-oriented -- likes to think through every possible outcome and scenario
- Autonomous/Independent -- can stand tall working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways and on tasks that require creativity
- Full time, contracted position focused on the creation of the app, eventually carrying over into other projects
- Currently remote, eventually working out of our NYC office
- Must be a good communicator and available via slack, phone, and email while we are remote
- Comprehensive health benefits