Managing a C++ software embedded group, this software project manager is an experienced software engineer and project manager responsible for leading development and maintenance projects from initial concept through design, implementation, verification, and validation testing and into production. In addition, he or she manages day-to-day project execution and makes high-level contributions to projects including project plans, requirements specifications, requirements traceability, and improving development process. This software project manager must have relevant software development experience.
- Plan and execute software development projects throughout product life cycle in accordance with established processes and procedures Develop detailed project plans and schedules
- Provide day-to-day project management for software product development activities Manage technical partners and vendors who develop software or support software development activities
- Manage the creation and release of all software project deliverables Communicate with program management, software functional management, and project team to ensure successful completion of software projects
Required/ Preferred Education and Experience:
- Demonstrated success managing software development projects and delivering software applications to production
- Demonstrated understanding of software development best practices
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to make critical judgments
- Excellent team leading abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Customer focus both internally and externally
- Affinity for teamwork, logic, innovation, initiative and self-sufficiency
- Experience with Scrum is preferred, but not required
- Experience with medical device software development is preferred, but not required
- BS in Engineering or Science (Advanced degree preferred)
- 5 years of experience as a software engineer