Our growing client is an innovation-driven company on the forefront of delivering medical devices to save lives, and software solutions to improve efficiency.
- Architects, designs, tests, qualifies and documents new and revised electrical systems/subsystems including related analog, digital, power supply, electrical isolation, and high voltage circuitry.
- Works closely with other electrical, mechanical and software engineers to design, develop, and support complete systems and subsystems.
- May act in the role of lead electrical engineer (Task Leader) within a development team, group, or department responsible for specific new product development projects.
- Support Manufacturing and Quality Assurance groups as required to debug or improve existing designs.
- Acts in the role of hands-on, high level electrical designer
- Works as a member of a new product design and development team where he/she may lead and/or coordinate the efforts of a small group other staff
- Often coordinates the efforts of 1-5 indirect reports including EE technicians, manufacturing engineers/ technicians, purchasing, or documentation
- 30% Architecture, design, development, and product qualification tasks associated with new or currently marketed products. This includes being the technical focus when product architecture and design planning is performed.
- 30% Documentation of new or revised products.
- 20% - Debug testing, or qualification of designs
- 10% Direct or indirect coordination of company personnel to design, prototype, integrate new or revised products. May be a task leader on a project.
- 5% Participates in technical design reviews or new or revised products.
- 5% Other Projects as assigned
Required/ Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience in the design, documentation, and testing of analog and digital electronics; power supply and high voltage circuit design helpful but not required
- Product-specific experience, such as designing defibrillators, pacemakers or low-level analog signal equipment would be a strong plus
- Familiarity with medical device safety agency approval processes such as UL or ETL a plus
- Medical product design experience a definite plus, especially with IEC60601-1 and related standards
- Computer literacy and proficiency required
- Mastery of English language in verbal and written communication
- BSEE or equivalent degree, MSEE is preferred
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of electrical engineering and circuit design experience