The Solution Architect is responsible for working with our sales team understanding the needs of our enterprise clients and in partnership with the Practice lead and other architects, designs Solutions (integration of products and services) within the Hybrid practice which solve the customer need as well as ensure the quality of the deliverables to the customer.
In partnership with the Practice Lead the Architect will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Sales team on pre-sales engagements to provide general Hybrid subject matter expertise as well as be able to communicate the technical components of the solutions in the Hybrid Portfolio.
- Ensure the technical quality of the solution(s) throughout the customer engagement, pre-sales through implementation.
- Technically understanding the solutions the practice group is bringing to market and how they differentiate Micro Strategies.
- Architecting new solutions and keep existing Micro Strategies’ solutions in market current by having the ability to tie the business needs of the customer to the features required to solve those needs.
- Technical understanding of the vendors/products that inform the solutions.
- Understanding the competitive landscape to illustrate why, technically, a specific vendors/product have been selected over others.
- Identifying the roles and skills needed to deliver the features on the PG roadmap and solutions in market.
- Exploring new emerging vendors/products which may solve untapped business needs or enhance current solutions the PG has in market.
Providing technical leadership during post sales implementation inclusive of:
- Guidance to the technical leads and engineering team members to ensure the deliverables do not deviate from the design.
- Ensuring scope is maintained, identifying technical impacts if scope changes are required.
- Communicating with the Practice Development lead, Sales team, Project Manager and or Client as needed throughout the implementation to ensure the implementation meets the defined objectives.
- Engage the appropriate engineers from the various practice groups to support the opportunity delivery.
Required Skills and or Experiences
- Daily communication with the Engineering Team, Practice Architects, Practice Leads, and Client Solution Executives. Additional communication with Sales Managers, Delivery Leadership as well as the CEO may be required in support of specific opportunities.
- Communication with Vendor Partner Engineering Team as well as their leadership team.
- Client communication will span the breath of CXO, Business Leadership to the organization’s Engineering Team.
: BS, in computer science, electrical engineering or related field
Work Related Experience
15 years of technology experience involving the following responsibilities:
- Experience with designing, implementing and operating IaaS technologies and software defined infrastructures and how they integrate with traditional technologies across server, network, and storage domains (3-5 years)
- Understands and is conversant with compliance and security as it relates to infrastructure designs which included firewalls, load balancers, IDS/IPS, Access Management, Identity Management for both on premise and Cloud service provider technologies (3-5 years)
- Experience with how and when to apply automation for both provisioning and operating core infrastructure
- Leading technical teams in the implementation of the architected solutions (2-4 years)
- Experience on as both a Customer leading and operating infrastructure solution implementations as well as Business Partner leading a Customer through the design and implementation of an infrastructure solution.
One or more of the following certifications
- RedHat Multi-Cloud Management
- RedHat Container Management
- Professional Cloud Architect
- Google Cloud Role Based Training
- RedHat Enterprise Message Broker – (Service Mesh)
- Professional Cloud Network Engineer (Includes Hybrid Connectivity)
- Technology Specific Knowledge and Experience:
- AWS, Google, Azure and RedHat OpenShift and Services
- Network: Service Mesh
- Automation: Ansible – Ansible Tower
- Experience in network security appliances: Firewall, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy, Access Management
Focus Areas - Breakdown
- Strong communication skills – ability to effectively engage a range of roles and skills when communicating with a Client (from CTO/CIO/CDO to Engineers) with vendors, train users, and give instructions. Must be able to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds in a team environment
- Strong customer service mindset
- Outcome Based thinker/ Services & Consulting focused
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, adapt and learn quickly
- Ability to work independently, make decisions and effectively prioritize work without being given direction.
- Ability to coach and develop engineering team. Attention to quality and capacity to meet deadlines.
- 50% Pre-Sales
- 25% Delivery (Billable)
- 25% Solution Development
Fluency in English, knowledge of a second language is preferred