Our growing client a innovation-driven company on the forefront of delivering medical devices to save lives, and software solutions to improve efficiency.
Architects, designs, tests, qualifies and documents new and revised electrical systems/subsystems including related analog, digital, power supply, electrical isolation and high voltage circuitry.
Works closely with other electrical, mechanical and software engineers to design, develop, and support complete systems and subsystems. May act in the role of lead electrical engineer (Task Leader) within a development team, group, or department responsible for specific new product development projects. Support Manufacturing and Quality Assurance groups as required to debug or improve existing designs.
- Acts in the role of hands-on, high level electrical designer
- Works as a member of a new product design and development team where he/she may lead and/or coordinate the efforts of a small group other staff
- Often coordinates the efforts of 1-5 indirect reports including EE technicians, manufacturing engineers/ technicians, purchasing, or documentation
- 30% Architecture, design, development and product qualification tasks associated with new or currently marketed products. This includes being the technical focus when product architecture and design planning is performed.
- 30% Documentation of new or revised products.
- 20% - Debug testing, or qualification of designs
- 10% Direct or indirect coordination of company personnel to design, prototype, integrate new or revised products. May be a task leader on a project.
- 5% Participates in technical design reviews or new or revised products.
- 5% Other Projects as assigned
Required/ Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience in the design, documentation, and testing of analog and digital electronics; power supply and high voltage circuit design helpful but not required
- Product-specific experience, such as designing defibrillators, pacemakers or low level analog signal equipment would be a strong plus
- Familiarity with medical device safety agency approval processes such as UL or ETL a plus
- Medical product design experience a definite plus, especially with IEC60601-1 and related standards
- Computer literacy and proficiency required
- Mastery of English language in verbal and written communication
- BSEE or equivalent degree, MSEE is preferred
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of electrical engineering and circuit design experience