Sr Solution Integration Engineer will be a part of R&D the Software Engineering team for the development of software tools and the integration of new medical diagnostic instruments at healthcare facilities. They also will develop, deploy, and support hardware and applications to support product development and R&D needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with key stakeholders to specify, plan, design, develop, test and support software components as assigned.
- Responsible for implementation of new software component designs or enhancements to existing IT tools and software products; assists in the implementation of more complex subsystems and systems.
- Collaborates with other application and instrument development teams to develop and use common tools and shared components.
- Suggests improvements or adaptations to existing methods or processes to improve productivity.
- Establishes and clarification of specifications for assigned work tasks.
- Aids in the design direction or modifications of software system components.
- Works with team leadership to set up necessary test specification and requirements for software product validation of designs.
- Participates in decisions on scope of work, duration of tasks, and determination of requirements.
- Participates in code inspections and technical reviews.
- Presents material on new or enhanced designs to members of project team.
- Presents data and design reviews to management as needed.
- Willing and able to travel up to 40%
- Will require on-call evening/weekend work as needed
- 7+ to 10 years experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in IT, Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in VMware and Windows development environment.
- Minimum of 7 years work experience PC image development.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience Network and Security management.
Experience with one or more of the following is desirable:
- Healthcare Technology background desired.
- Hands-on network diagnosis and trouble shooting.
- Microsoft and VMware tier 3 & 4 support.
- Medical Device Cyber Security.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic with a commitment to achieving project goals.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills- verbal, written, and listening.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including development, test, and program management support
- Good team player.