Medical is a growing, innovation-driven company on the forefront of delivering medical devices to save lives, and software solutions to improve efficiency. With customers in more than 140 countries, we continue to expand our reach, as well as our product offerings. Hospitals, emergency medical services (EMS), and others trust us to provide high-quality products and exceptional customer service. ZOLL products are used every day across the globe to save the lives of people who suffer sudden cardiac arrest. From Real CPR Help® technology—an industry first—to the world’s only wearable defibrillator, our capabilities and features set us apart. But none of this would be possible without the motivation and dedication of ZOLL employees, and we’re invested in their success.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Join our team. It’s a great time to be a part of ZOLL!
Based on priorities set by Program Directors, the Project Manager is responsible for the successful execution of major product development projects. This position plans, coordinates and leads the execution of activities to ensure that the goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within the prescribed timeframe and funding parameters.
The position is technical in nature and the applicant must have an engineering background in order to manage and contribute to the development of new products. The projects that will be managed include a mix of new product development, product line extensions, and sustaining engineering releases.
- Lead the execution of assigned product development programs in accordance with established processes and procedures.
- Lead and motivate cross-functional team performance toward the goal of completing projects according to the defined objectives.
- Ability to balance electrical, mechanical, and software development issues at the system level. Must have the ability to implement projects outside technical area of expertise
- Develop detailed project work plans and schedules.
- Manage product requirements and traceability.
- Lead design review and risk management activities.
- Manage technical partners/ vendors supporting product development activities.
- Effectively utilize problem solving skills and techniques to identify potential issues, assess their impact, and develop and implement mitigation and resolution plans and activities.
- Employ excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with all levels of personnel and management.
- Prepare and/or manage the preparation of all required project documentation.
- Facilitate and coordinate project team meetings and management presentations as required.
- Knowledge of global standards and regulations for Design Controls, Risk Management, and Electrical Safety for Medical Devices.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successfully managing multiple projects, of varying complexity, within the specified guidelines, timeframes and budgets.
- Demonstrated understanding of electrical, mechanical, and software engineering practices at the system level.
- Experience working within a phase-gate development process
Required/ Preferred Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience as an engineer developing products, preferably in the medical device industry.
- BS degree in Engineering (Advanced degree preferred) •
- PMP certification desired
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.