The position focuses on ensuring the reliability and maintainability of services and applications that have been adopted by the enterprise into the public cloud (AWS)
. A successful candidate will utilize technology to automate solutions and optimize outcomes, never wanting to see the same class of problem twice. The top technical skills for this role include automation, a high proficiency in scripting languages, and an ability to create and implement Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
Qualifications The successful candidate must be able to:
- Create and deliver Infrastructure as Code (IaC) through a CICD pipeline utilizing tools such as AWS CodePipeline, CloudFormation, Jenkins, Terraform or comparable toolsets.
- Consume/have literacy using Git and source code repositories such as Bitbucket, GitHub, Artifactory, or comparable toolsets.
- Leverage enterprise toolsets such as Splunk to search, analyze, visualize, and report on machine generated data to help achieve operational excellence.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot technical issues, with applications and infrastructure.
- Successfully collaborate across various technology disciplines.
- Help evangelize IT best practices and trends including TechOps, Cloud, Automation, DevOps, etc.
- Linux admin experience a plus.
- Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) experience a plus.
- Software Defined Network (SDN) experience a plus.
The qualifications include:
- .Minimum 2 years related current experience.
- Ability to work with ambiguous and abstract concepts as the candidate will often have to resolve complex customer inquiries.
- A passion to provide world class customer service.
- Ability to provide 7x24x365 on-call support.
- Innovation skills and vision. Possesses and can further cultivate diversity of thought.
- Ability to process new concepts and technologies quickly, has an appetite for learning.
- A problem-solving mindset, someone with the skills and attributes to find the most appropriate solution that will bring about the desired change/outcome.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and flex when priorities change.
- An ability to influence through teamwork and collaboration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related technical field.