Our client is an industry-leading provider of Digital Transformation services. They specialize in helping their customers accelerate and achieve exceptional business outcomes by transforming, simplifying, and integrating their data and cloud technologies. They are seeking a qualified Data Engineer for a fulltime perm position within their organization.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will design and develop robust data centric software solutions to support business capabilities. You will act as an agent of change in modernizing distributed data management solutions to align with the Enterprise goal to move toward cloud-based solutions. You will seek opportunities to realize innovative ideas that drive business value. You will be an integral member on the team who leads in setting Software Engineering best practices and standards.
- Must have a desire and aptitude for learning new technologies to solve problems.
- Commitment to collaborative problem solving, elegant design, and a quality product is essential.
- Developing data applications and knowledge of data modeling, data movement, and data access design patterns.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in one or more modern Object-Oriented Programming Languages (Java, Scala, Python) including the ability to code in more than one programming language.
- Advanced data processing skills using CDC and data movement technologies like Kafka, Sqoop, Apache NiFi, Oracle Golden Gate, etc.
- Big Data skills with popular stacks like Hadoop, Spark, EMR
- Knowledge of NoSQL database technologies and non-relational data modeling techniques, e.g. Hadoop, HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience with cloud native data warehousing and data lake solutions, Snowflake experienced preferred
- Experience with redesigning existing applications on cloud services, for example AWS EC2, S3, Route 53, Lambda, AWS Batch, EFS, SQS, etc.
- Knowledge of the Batch Applications for the Java Platform (JSR-352) specification.
- DevOps experience in managing code and deployment pipelines using Git and Jenkins
- Knowledge of Relational Databases and ANSI SQL.
- Knowledge of Dimensional data modeling and Star Schema concepts
- Advanced skills in data intensive application development, data integration, and data pipeline design patterns on a distributed platform.
- Ability to build data models supporting complex transformation.
- Your strong inter-personal and communication skills including written, verbal, and technology illustrations.
- Experience in executing projects in an Agile environment.
- Partner with technical leads to make clear, simple, and technically sound design decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a technology related field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, etc.) required.