Our client provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, they deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
We are seeking an Automation Engineer with a passion for Automation and a curiosity to explore new technologies to help drive and advance our practice. As a member of the Columbus Automation team, the Automation Engineer will contribute to our client’s mission by:
• Under limited supervision, creates basic to highly complex instrumentation, controls and related systems designs using 3D and 4D drafting programs.
• Develops basic technical memoranda related to design issues for clients. Prepares preliminary design reports (PDRs) under supervision.
• Reviews basic to highly complex component level shop drawings.
• Provides responses to requests for information (RFIs) under supervision. Performs field acceptance testing (FATs) and field inspections.
• Under limited supervision, creates basic to highly complex human-machine interface (HMI) designs, programmable logic controllers (PLC), reports, etc.
• Prepares level of effort estimates (LOEs).
• Leads testing and startup team for basic to moderately complex instrumentation, controls and related systems independently with minimal supervision.
• Responsible for testing and startup documentation completion and quality assurance filing.
• Assists with the development of basic to moderately complex operations & Maintenance manuals for designed instrumentation, controls and related systems.
• Under minimal supervision, develops systems training for end users.
• Leads teams and provides direction and mentoring for junior staff. Reviews the work of junior staff as necessary.
• Assists with proposal development and presentation.
• Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor's degree in electrical, chemical or mechanical engineering, or in engineering technology.
Certification as an Engineer in Training (EIT) or passing the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam in states where an EIT is not obtainable.
5 years of related experience.
***Experience with Water/Waste Water highly preferred