Our client provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations
The Senior Manager, IT Program Management
will lead our IT Project Management Office (PMO). This individual collaborates with cross-functional stakeholders to develop concepts for strategic initiatives and develops those into detailed program/project plans.
- Creates roadmaps and strategy for the overall program in coordination with stakeholders, IT management and leadership.
- Delivers program/project outcomes by coordinating and overseeing the project managers of a series of interdependent IT projects, ensuring alignment with strategic objectives and operational goals.
- Liaises with key business stakeholders and senior leadership to determine program priorities. Assesses and adjusts active projects at the program level based on business needs.
- Ensures the creation of project definitions, schedules, budgets, and objectives for basic to highly complex programs comprised of multiple projects.
- Presents reports and presentations to senior leadership to highlight status, risks, issues and benefits throughout the program lifecycle.
- Performs ongoing review of program and project status; helps project managers to identify possible risks and recommends risk mitigation solutions at the project level as needed.
- Oversees the preparation of detailed statements of work and ensures that program/project managers gain the concurrence and approval from stakeholders regarding various project or program aspects.
- Selects program managers and provides input into the selection of project managers for the projects within the program.
- Oversees the performance of programs and projects by providing instruction and guidance to the program managers.
- Oversees cost management, program schedules and overall quality by ensuring excellence in all project or program deliverables.
- Monitors the overall staffing of programs and projects with the appropriate information technology, stakeholder and vendor resources.
- Manages staff, evaluates performance, mentors and plans career paths, approves paid time off (PTO) and training, ensures human resources (HR) policies are followed and makes recommendation regarding staffing decisions.
- Performs other duties as required.
- 2 years of related experience with at least 3 years in a management capacity
PMP certification is required
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.