The Account Executive – Digital Platforms is a hunting position responsible for opening new accounts with which our client has not previously done business. Successful account executives (AEs) will have the opportunity to nurture, grow, and manage any accounts that they open and will be part of a company with a 40+ year history in the technology industry. Our AEs join an organization with a culture of collaboration and helping each other and our clients in a caring and supportive way.
This position is for a highly driven individual who thrives on the challenge of opening new doors and getting new contacts excited about how our company can help enhance their businesses.
Our client’s target market is midmarket-to-large organizations across all industries. The Account Executive (AE) will leverage all manner of available prospecting techniques – including cold calling, networking, social media, walkabouts, etc. – to gain entrée into organizations that are new to our client.
- Generate sufficient prospects and new business opportunity necessary to attain sales quotas in excess of $2 million in revenue (note: initial quota would be less in order to accommodate ramp-up).
- Promote the sale of collaboration, cybersecurity, hybrid cloud/datacenter, consulting, and networking solutions.
- Conduct executive-level sales calls to generate interest in our services, and conduct effective sales presentations at executive levels.
- Conduct high-level needs assessments and recommend possible solutions.
- Prepare and present professional proposals to prospects.
- The ideal candidate is an aggressive hunter who is independent and highly self-motivated to sell technology solutions to a mid-sized-to-large company market segment.
- The candidate should have a successful background in consultative sales and marketing to senior business executives and C-level IT management.
- Other critical qualities include highly developed collaborative, interpersonal and presentation skills; technology marketing experience; and large/complex deal management.
- High ethical standards
- Sense of urgency and follow up
- Motivation for sales
- Sales planning
- Selling to customer needs
- Business acumen
- Territory management
- Market knowledge
- Presentation skills (written and verbal, individual and group)
- Energy level
- Good knowledge of technology and the industry channel dynamics.