Clearance requirements: Active TS/SCI for GOV-L
Project Location: Chantilly, VA
High-performing developer, for a project that develops and maintains a system for discovering key information from unstructured data and presents these results to the user in an intuitive manner. A qualified team member works in a team environment and actively participates in evolving software functionality including requirements analysis, software design, development, integration and testing. The team member has the ability to collaborate with technical experts, software developers, DevOps team members, domain experts, and project management. The team member would be able to support back-end and front-end development as well as tasks related to the API layer.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or an engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of experience as a professional software developer
- At least 3 years of experience with Java
- At least 2 years of experience with Python
- Experience with databases (DB2 preferred) including writing, evaluating, modifying, and optimizing SQL queries.
- At least 2 years of experience with JSON based APIs.
- Experience with document stores (e.g., Lucene, Solr, ElasticSearch) strongly preferred.
- Experience with delivering statistical and machine-learning based solutions strongly preferred.
- Experience with Agile development.
- Experience with Angular and experience designing front end user experiences.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing
- Experience with using Git and GitHub.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Comfortable with operating in a Unix based environment.
- Some experience with Eclipse.
- Some experience with Maven.