Electrical design drawing
This position requires an individual who is fully competent in all conventional aspects commonly employed in electrical engineering design. Your typical duties will include planning, scheduling, conducting or coordinating portions of a major project or a complete project of moderate scope. The complexity of the work associated with this position requires a broad knowledge of electrical engineering and a good working knowledge of its principles and practices related to the design of industrial process type facilities or water/wastewater treatment systems and facilities, and transportation systems and facilities. You will be expected to mentor junior staff which will include supervising the work of junior engineers, designers and CADD Operators who are assisting on assigned work.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Performing limited AutoCAD tasks for electrical design drawings.
• Performing technical electrical calculations for electrical systems using electrical systems analysis software.
• Performing design tasks including lighting layouts, communications, fire alarm, and security systems.
• Developing the electrical plans and specifications for small to medium sized and complex projects with minimal supervision.
• Performing site investigations to confirm and/or identify existing conditions for use in developing electrical design.
• Coordinating with the client, utilities, fire marshal or code enforcement officers.
• Reviewing shop drawings and assist with general construction services.
• Performing short circuit, coordination and arc flash studies using power analysis software.
• Assisting in the development of project scope and budget as input for proposals.
• Assisting senior staff in the development of sales proposals.
• Attending client meetings for defining the project scope during a proposal phase and review design development documents during project execution.
• Determine code requirement working clearances around electrical equipment.
• Aiding senior staff in the development of the Engineer’s opinion of probable construction cost estimates
• Ability to select and specify various electrical system components including motor control centers, switchgear, transformers, etc.
• Experience in the supervision and coordination of the work of CADD Operators, technicians and others assisting in specific assignments