The PMO Director is responsible for operations of the Project Management Office (PMO) including various approaches around provisioning IT into the business, improving the overall maturity of Program & Project management across the organization, and tracking and reporting. As an arm of the overall governance function, the PMO Director is responsible for supporting and enabling the organization’s initiatives, programs, projects, programs and structured work efforts. The PMO Director ensures that the work of the PMO adds value, is relevant to the strategy of the organization, and meets the goals set for the PMO by executive management.
- Leading the Project Management Office (PMO), setting PMO standards and ensuring the portfolio delivers results..
- Leading the Vendor Management Office (VMO) by identifying the criticality of the IT Vendors, the interaction necessary to ensure successful relationships, and managing the interactions and Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Lead the Change Management capability within IT, ensuring that when new capabilities are provided, our users can best leverage these new capabilities. Implements IT continuous improvement programs across the organization.
- Partnering with the Finance organization to manage all IT spending, including budgeting, forecasting, and reporting on actuals.
- Facilitates among the PMO stakeholders and organizational leadership a consensus around the mission and vision of the PMO organization to foster results-oriented culture and mindset
- Engages senior leadership and business partners to define the PMO mission, goals and operating model, and the overall PMO charter.
- Leads the identification and development of PMO roles, team configuration and recruitment appropriate to deliver the agreed-upon PMO goals and objectives
- Leads the identification and implementation of program & project management processes, methods, techniques, tools, guidelines and standards in order to establish a modern framework that supports all teams and stakeholders to improve the probability of successful delivery
- Facilitates the agreed-upon process that develops plans and prioritization by leadership and governance
- Defines, manages and directs the PMO work which includes leveraging best practices and techniques in identifying, quantifying and tracking the realization of expected benefits defined in business cases
- Coordinate portfolio planning, investment ranking, balancing and resource planning
- Provides ongoing coaching and mentoring to PMO staff and Program & project managers
- Builds and maintains relationships with senior leadership and key PMO stakeholders, and acts as a trusted advisor
- Oversees opportunities to improve the project management best practices in order to achieve higher maturity in PPM
- Leads the establishment of a project management community of practice to facilitate collaboration and best-practice sharing among project managers and key PMO stakeholders.
- Clearly communicate complex information to audiences at multiple levels.
- Able to build relationships and inspire others.
- Collaborate and work closely with key individuals in all departments to ensure initiatives, programs, and projects are well organized, planned, executed tracked and communicated.
- Organize, plan, and drive for results. Perform as action oriented, manage conflict, solve problems, make timely decisions, inform others, communicate, maintain a professional composure, maintain approachability and functional/technical skills
- Bachelor's degree; Advanced degree in business-related discipline preferred
- 10+ years of experience in the Medical/Healthcare industry.
- Project/program management experience with specific experience in managing complex projects and related activities.
- Proven, a hands-on, results-oriented manager with demonstrated leadership skills across functional lines and a participatory style of working effectively in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Ability to communicate and interact at all levels from senior management to staff level
- Effective communication and organization skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and ongoing projects at the same time;
- Successful with attention to detail and adaptability to change;
- Strong interpersonal skills with values of Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency;