Our client a leading Solutions Provider is looking for a dynamic Data Architect to join their growing Data team.
This role will work closely with technology leaders to drive and lead the technical architecture and roadmap for enabling Data Lake, Enterprise Data Warehouse and advanced analytical capabilities.Job Description In this role as a Data Architect you will:
- Responsible for defining the platform strategy that meets the needs of our data teams, internal processing, core operational systems and customer-facing web and mobile applications.
- Work closely with operations business analysts, corporate IT and peer architects to understand the user requirements.
- Lead the IT team in building Data solutions for our clients
- Partner with Infrastructure/Data-Engineering teams to enable the roadmap and direction of advance-analytics.
- Work on our Cloud/Data Lake strategy to enable advanced analytics, dashboarding and reporting
- Manage teams/vendors to design, build and deploy advance analytics and dashboarding solutions (Splunk Solution experience a major plus)
- Manage implementation of designed solutions
- As a Data technologies champion, lead the definition of the methodology and roadmap for strategically and tactically remediating the logical data architecture.
Support the definition and articulation of data related issues as well as the solutions for remediation
Your experience and background include:
- Technical background- BS/BA or Advanced degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Engineering, or other Computational Science)
- 8+ Years of experience in Data Management Strategy related to Big-Data, Enterprise Data Warehouse and/or Distributed processing platforms
- 5+ Years of experience building Data Lake foundations/platforms and associated analytics & services (MS Azure, AWS, Snowflake, Hadoop, etc.)
- Strong experience and knowledge of MS Azure and AWS Cloud Platform and data management components is mandatory.
- 4+ ETL/ELT experience in traditional data (MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle etc.) and/or Big-Data platform using Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Flume etc.)
- 3+ years of heavy hands-on experience with BI tools (architecture, design and delivery) primarily Tableau and Power BI with strong knowledge on data architecture for reporting and analytics.
- Experience with Data Management on public cloud hosting services (e.g., Azure, AWS) and experience of the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Deep knowledge in architectural patterns for integration and data exchange.
- Transportation and Logistics background would be a plus, but not mandatory
- Able to work across multiple departments, with stakeholders in different countries and companies as well as manage various reviews and sign offs as part of delivery
Excellent oral and written communication skills and able to communicate effectively and appropriately to staff at all levels