Our client a leading Solutions Provider is looking for a dynamic Solutions Architect to join their growing team.
This role will work closely with technology leaders to drive and lead the technical architecture and roadmap for engineering and architecture of Windows, Linux, AIX, server, storage and network.
This is a uniquely challenging role will have a wide range of responsibilities and a variety of technical challenges around our client infrastructure.Job Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have a formal higher education degree, preferably in the field of IT. The candidate must have at least 7 years of hands-on system experience within the Enterprise space.
- Advanced RedHat Linux engineering knowledge.
- Designing builds of standard operating environments for new versions of RedHat Linux.
- Research, identify, test and deploy operating system and 3rd party patch updates.
- Design and configure system security and security benchmarks.
- Design and configure access to local and SAN based storage.
- Understanding of various tunable system resource/parameters (e.g network configuration, shared memory, services).
- Script development and maintenance. Shell, Perl and/or Python scripting proficiency is a necessity.
- Understanding of kernel and components (drivers, libraries process intercommunication).
- Performance troubleshooting of memory and CPU utilization, I/O components and other peripherals.
- Knowledge of enterprise tools and products (such as Veritas and Centrify).
- RedHat Linux and/or Solaris packaging.
- Experience with virtual server builds in a VMWare environment.
- Hands on engineering level experience with vSphere 6.x and higher.
- Experience with Cloud technologies, particularly AWS and Azure.
- Cloud first engineering and implementation. System recovery in a Cloud environment.
- Familiarity with other Linux flavors (SUSE, CentOS, etc.).
- Familiarity with automation and configuration management tools and principles (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt).
- Familiarity with Windows server operating systems.
- Understanding of hyperconverged technologies (Nutanix, Simplivity, VxRails).
- Familiarity with Oracle/Sybase/MSSQL databases.
- Working knowledge of SAN attached storage technologies (e.g. EMC VNX/VMAX, Hitachi, Netapp, Pure).
- Familiarity with CIS benchmarks or equivalent
Excellent oral and written communication skills and able to communicate effectively and appropriately to staff at all levels