Our client a leading Technology Solutions provider has engaged our group to identify a BigFix Engineer
- This position requires significant design, implementation and configuration experience with the IBM BigFix tools.
- The candidate must also have customer satisfaction as their driving influence and have a technical support background.
- The candidate must have demonstrated people management skills, the ability to work alone as well as with group of peers.
- Must have proven written and verbal communication skills, make a positive impact on morale, as well as demonstrate flexibility, adaptability, and ownership.
- Must be able to respond to our goals and customer needs with a sense of urgency and yet calmly defuse escalations. Complex project management, cross-organization negotiations, and multi-tasking are required on a daily basis.
- Demonstrated skills in communication, taking initiative, negotiation, software technical background, critical situation management, client facing, business acumen, driving optimal results for clients and CBI are required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a conceptual understanding of client business objectives and drivers and clearly identify how these might be best addressed by BigFix, and potentially additional tools, to support the overall solution.
Other Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
- At least five (5) years Information Technology experience, including experience at least three (3) years installing and configuring IBM Endpoint Manager/BigFix V8.2 or later as well as various modules
- In-depth experience in all areas of IBM Endpoint Manager/BigFix V8.2 or later and add-on modules including:
- Demonstrated ability to patch a variety of operating systems including various non-Windows operating systems
- Demonstrated experience with IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager for OS Deployment and BigFix OS Deployment
- Demonstrated knowledge of Software Use Analysis (BigFix Inventory) and/or IBM License Metric Tool (ILMT)
- Demonstrated experience with Security and Compliance (BigFix Compliance)
- Skilled in Fixlet creation (relevance and action script)
- Skilled in custom report creation
- Skilled in software distribution packages/fixlet creation – including proper usage of relevance related to software detection
- Experience as a member of a technical project team, from design through delivery
- Experience troubleshooting and identifying potential problems and making appropriate changes as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to properly design, implement and configure a relay infrastructure including a DMZ relay
- Solid understanding of IBM BigFix best practices
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated skills for the following BigFix items:
- REST, SOAP and Session Relevance
- Core Protection (BigFix Protection)
- BigFix Disaster Server Architecture (DSA)
- Advanced troubleshooting
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following general items:
- General security concepts and standard security configurations
- TCP/IP, network topology and troubleshooting
- Microsoft SQL Server V2005 and above
- LDAP including Windows Active Directory
- Unattended installation methods for software products
- Comparable technologies such as:
Use these links if you need the interview process localized: