The IT Manager serves as a key member of the Infrastructure team, working directly with the Chief Operating Officer to manage the Firm’s technology systems and infrastructure. This is a hands on, limited supervision, single point of contact position. Responsibilities include; handling everything from Helpdesk to MSP relations to educating management on new technology.
The company currently operates in a Windows environment, with primarily locally hosted servers and applications for document management, communications and other services. An effort has been initiated to migrate the company’s technology infrastructure to one that is primarily cloud-based, and the IT Manager would be tasked to see this through.
5+ years’ of progressively responsible IT experience in a similar setting, ideally within financial services.
- Oversee all day to day technology operations, including all hardware (including servers, networking equipment, PCs, tablets, smartphones and office communications equipment) and software (including operating systems, local and cloud-based applications)
- Lead company-wide application analysis: Map the current IT infrastructure, evaluate existing technology, conduct needs assessment, evaluate new systems, and recommend technical solutions to redefine the IT infrastructure
Oversee all phases of technology projects from conception to completion, responsible for all systems implementation, developments and updates
- Provide expertise and support during systems upgrades, installations, conversions, migration and file maintenanceProven experience in leading/facilitating technology transitions
- Proven experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and respective specifications
- Experience with leading Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions, ideally Salesforce
- Experience implementing and managing public cloud-based IT solutions
- Experience in managing MSPs and other IT service providers and budgets
- Ability to communicate technical issues effectively with individuals of varying levels of technical experience
- Strategic planning and strong project management experience