It’s(mainframe) a nice to have skill ..key tech skills are Spring BOOT / Microservices/Hibernate and very good design skills, Cloud skills ( Google/Pivotal Cloud) and DevOps. I would expect very good hands on capabilities in these areas. Soft skills needless to say should be customer interaction exposure, verbal and written communication has to be there.
3 years. The core skill set required is Java, Micro services, Spring Boot
Modernization Full Stack Developers Job Description:
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in the IT Industry, and with exposure to Cloud, mid-tier and host mainframe backend systems.
- Ability to design, prototype, and strategize solutions to propose to the team / Product Owner/ business sponsor to drive improved technology solutions that support business strategy
- Participate in estimating, tasking, status and stand-up meetings in agile work ceremonies
- Iteratively design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and enhance high quality software solutions
- Strong Java/J2EE Unix shell skills – working in Eclipse based environments
- Solid understanding of DevOps for deployment, and Git repositories.
- Understanding and experience with Spring Framework
- Experienced with Azure and/or GCP Cloud framework/system
- SQL Databases and related security model
- Strong understanding of cloud concepts and implementation
- Experience with API management and developing Microservices
- Assess and analyze technology options to evaluate solution alternatives that meet business needs
- A positive attitude and a reliable, self-motivated, team player with excellent communication, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Good to have: mainframe development experience and enterprise architectural knowledge/experience