The company was named a gold winner in 2015 as the Fastest Growing Mid-sized Company and has never stopped growing.
The client is seeking a talented Engineering Manager to join a growing team in New York City. As an Engineering Manager, you will work closely with our engineers and product team to build best-in-class solutions for the clients. You will be responsible for helping guide a team’s technical direction, roadmap, and hiring while driving efficient engineering processes and coaching team members. The hiring process is language agnostic, using a diverse set of tools and languages such as .Net Core, C#, Go, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka and more. They are moving towards an API driven architecture, powered by gRPC-based services.
What you will be a part of in the future are the following:
- Migrating from a monolith to a microservice architecture, including a complete overhaul and rewrite of the products Configuration
- Defining domain boundaries and implementing robust APIs for internal and public consumption of the services
- Guide the technical direction and priorities of a team while ensuring delivery of high quality, scalable and heavily tested software.
- Mentor and coach team members through performance reviews and regular 1:1 meetings.
- Foster cross-functional relationships across engineering, QA, product, design, and business functions.
- 1-5 years hands-on technical management experience
- Strong technical background with experience building, shipping and maintaining web applications and services as a software engineer
- Motivated, self-starter with a passion for building and growing teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills