Senior Security Engineer GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Senior Security Engineer performs a variety of technical and operational duties in support of the company’s Security practice. This is a client facing role where the person would play a pre-sales and post sales role, while acting as a Security expert. Performing related duties as required. This position provides excellent opportunities for exposure to new and emerging technologies and growth within the industry. This is a hands on position, where implementation skills are required.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as expert in Security technologies.
- Propose and implement Security on premise and hosted solutions.
- Provide exceptional assessment, design, integration, documentation, and support services to our customers as a full time employee.
- Create statements of work (SOW), and Bill of Materials (BOM) based off proposed solutions.
- Provide project estimates and services delivery standards.
- Work collaboratively with project managers, account managers, and customers in successfully planning, coordinating, delivering and closing IT projects.
- Maintain up-to-date industry certifications specific to areas of practice and as required to maintain Vendor/VAR status.
- Research and design innovative security solutions based on customer requirements.
- Design, implementation, and support of network architectures.
- Design network solutions using routers, switches, and security devices from various vendors.
- Adhoc support of client’s security environments.
- Experience in hardware provisioning, installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Work with clients and partners to identify business and technical requirements for Security solutions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and internal teams.
- Provide input on the technical certifications and training for the organization.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of related Security experience.
- Cisco certifications required, Palo Alto and Checkpoint certifications are a plus.
- Experience with Pre/Post Sales Engineering and Technical consulting.
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco ASA with FirePOWER Services
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco Identity Services Engine
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco Advanced Malware Protection
- Advanced knowledge of networking and virtualization technologies.
- Experience with emerging cloud based security services.
- Experience with general security assessment best practices.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery Planning.
- Experience with server installations.
- A proven professional with excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, and time management skills.
- Strong Presentation and Pre-Sales skills, and a team player.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Must be able to work nonstandard hours, nights, weekends and/or holidays as required.
- Must be able to travel between regional area sites as requested.
EEO/EOE Employer - Qualified Minorities and/or women are encouraged to apply