The IT Security Account Executive will be responsible for developing Security specific solutions that address our clients’ business needs and deliver client value while supporting Security-specific business strategies. The Account Executive will deliver solutions which are tailored to client’s business needs and integrate security capabilities in a way that is valued by the customer and superior to the competition.
The Account Executive - IT Security will be responsible for the sales of full Security portfolio including IBM’s Qradar
Security Intelligence Platform, Infrastructure Protection Solutions (ISS
), IBM Endpoint Manager
, and Fiberlink MaaS 360
in addition to other solution providers we may partner with. Prior IBM Security Sales is NOT required for this position, must have experience selling IT Security Solutions. The Account Executive - IT Security will have the in depth sales, business and professional skills to work with any level of customer management. In this role, it essential to develop a comprehensive knowledge of the entire IBM Security portfolio including Mobility and Endpoint solutions as well as solutions from other providers (e.g. Checkpoint, Cisco, Palo Alto, McAfee (Intel),
- Attain IBM SWG Sales Certification – Security within 60 days
- Attain other required Sales Certification – Security within 90 days
- Maintain knowledge of the specialty sales processes, techniques, and tools. Examples include, but are not limited to: opportunity and territory management, cost justification, acquisition management, services business management, and channel management processes.
- Maintain currency on IBM Security specific Channel Incentive programs including SVI, ERSS, BDF.
- Analyze IT security requirements of our clients, select appropriate solutions, demonstrations, client workshops and presentations, quotes and pricing, and other proposal development activities.
- Maintain demonstrated knowledge of competition's offerings, strategies, and plans.
- Effectively differentiate IBM Security solutions from competitive alternatives and create customer preference for IBM Security Software offerings, based on that differentiation.
- Effectively negotiate with multiple levels of customer management, resulting in successful closing of the sale.
- Anticipate complex problems relating to specialty offerings, customer sales engagements, and business unit sales results.
- Ability to analyze client requirements and recommend solutions, or develop new approaches and assess risk in terms of value and exposure to the company and clients.
- Ability to apply creativity and judgment to complex opportunities, defining sales activities or other projects within the business environment.
- Successful track record of building pipeline and growing a territory, as well as managing multiple sales-related activities on a daily basis.
- Ability to successfully work in a team matrix, leveraging extended team resources and managing resources through each transaction
- Demonstrated understanding of client requirements regarding security policy and standards and how IBM solutions will meet the requirements.
- Ability to present and articulate the differentiated value of IBM Security solutions compared to competitors in the market
“EEO/EOE employer” and “Qualified Minorities and/or women are Encouraged to Apply”