Statement of the Job
This position is to serve as the primary system engineer responsible for supporting and maintaining our Citrix XenApp environment of approximately 250 concurrent users and more than 2,000 in-house and external user accounts. Candidate will be working in a team of 3 engineers on Citrix infrastructure related tasks and projects plus resolving remote support issues.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Maintains and supports existing Citrix environment consist of Xenapp 5 + 6 with PVS, Xenserver and NetScaler
- Deploy and support applications to the Citrix environment.
- Manage and participate in the daily remote user support.
- Performs periodic assessment and provide management with recommendations for upgrades and maintenance ensure the system is running optimally.
- Work with other team members to support and improve remote field site operation.
- Follow and enforce IT policies and procedures.
- Efficiently manage daily work queue.
- 5+ years of implementation experience with Citrix (Xenapp 4.5 and later)
- Experience with Provisioning Services.
- Experience with leading an enterprise level projects.
- Experience with XenServer
- Experience with Netscaler
- Experience with VMware
- Experience windows scripting.
- Experience with MS Servers (Windows 2003, 2008, and R2).
- Experience with Windows GPO
- Experience with system wide software distribution.
- Experience in support role for Citrix or remote related services.
- Experience with hardware load balancer (Netscaler is a must )
- Strong Operating System knowledge (Windows XP and Windows 7 )
- Strong Written and Verbal Communications
- Networking knowledge such as Cisco’s IOS is a plus
- Knowledge of XenDesktop is a plus.