The Role: DevOps AWS Cloud Admin
Job Purpose and Scope:
Our client is seeking an AWS DevOps Administrator to work in Roseland, NJ. This exciting position will offer a qualified candidate the opportunity to be a part of, and help build a greenfield Cloud Operations practice for a Fortune 50 company. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, has passion for technology, and a desire to provide outstanding customer service.
The primary responsibility of the position will be to perform support, development, and administrative activities in the cloud by collaborating with partners in Corporate IT and our perspective lines of businesses.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Code AWS Lambda Responder scripts to proactively auto-remediate known issues.
- Troubleshoot and configure core AWS Platforms such as EC2, S3, Route 53, RDS, etc.
- Administer software defined networking in AWS, proficient managing NACL’s and AWS Security Groups.
- Consume and configure Cloud Monitoring Tools such as CloudWatch and CloudTrail.
- Consume and configure AWS Config to evaluate and manage AWS configuration settings.
- Provide Linux administration, understanding Linux core fundamentals and command line operations.
- Successfully collaborate across various technology disciplines.
- Help evangelize IT best practices and trends including tech ops, cloud, automation, devops, etc.
- Azure/GCP experience a plus.
- CICD Pipeline toolset experience such as Jenkins, Bitbucket, GitHub, Artifactory is a plus.
The qualifications include:
- Minimum 3 years related current experience.
- Ability to work with ambiguous and abstract concepts, as the candidate will often have to resolve complex customer inquiries.
- Innovation skills and vision. Possesses and can further cultivate diversity of thought.
- Ability to process new concepts and technologies quickly, has an appetite for learning.
- Ability to multi-task and flex when priorities change.
- An ability to influence through teamwork and collaboration.
- A passion to provide world class customer service.
- Ability to provide 7x24x365 on call support.
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science/Information Systems or related field.