NOC Engineer (Night Shift)
The candidate will be part of a team performing Network monitoring and troubleshooting functions as well as team representation on major incident bridges. Interface with multiple teams from business areas, network engineering and management as a team representative on major incident bridges.
Perform advanced troubleshooting to identify, resolve, and provide root cause analysis of network related issues. Support an enterpirse data and voice network infrastructure by using network monitoring and management tools. Participate in and respond to system and network incidents. Perform system and network analysis by using well defined toolsets for proactive monitoring, troubleshooting and incident response (packet capture, application performance management, syslog, netflow etc). Provide technical support leadership on problem calls. Minimal travel as required to support troubleshooting and fixing network issues. Be able to work nights and weekends in an off hour shift role.
Experience in the following would be a strong plus:
- High school diploma, GED or Equivalent certification or Military Experience
- Excellent Verbal and Wrtitten Skills
- At least 2 years’ experience in the network communications field including troubleshooting network LAN and WAN infrastructures.
- At least 2 years’ experience in troubleshooting Enterprise Cisco router and switch hardware platforms, TCP/IP and industry standard routing protocols.
- At least 1 year experience with packet capture and analysis products such as Netscout, Sniffer and Wireshark.
- At least 1 year experience troubleshooting Data and Voice circuits and understanding Telco infrastructures. (Avaya)
- CCNA or CCNP
- Ability to automate via scripting or vendor tooling
- PowerShell, Perl, Python, KSH/BASH
- Experience with Cloud Computing/Technology